We are in what I believe is week eight of quarantine, which means two months have passed since a patron has walked through our doors. This reality has disheartened us and, in many ways, has left us feeling lonely. We miss our patrons! We miss being able to provide books and internet service! We miss being a library!
That being said, we are happy to announce the implementation of Curbside Book Pick-up! We have created a secure, easy-to-use process for you to utilize. See the guidelines below for instructions:
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Email: [email protected]
1. Make your requests via phone (479-451-8442), email ([email protected]), or OPAC.
^a. Please have your library card number, driver's license number or home address
^b. If the request is taken via OPAC or email, be prepared for a follow-up phone call or email to schedule pick up time.
2. Schedule a pick-up time between 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3. Arrive at the library during your scheduling time, but do not leave the car. Call library staff to notify us of your arrival.
4. Please wait for a librarian to exit the building (we will be wearing masks and gloves for your safety), and place the bag with your books in the pick-up bin.
5. Get your books out of the bin, and enjoy.
Editor's note: Ashdon Wilson is a clerk of the Pea Ridge Community Library. The opinions expressed are those of the writer. She can be reached at the library at 451-8442.Editorial on 05/20/2020
Print Headline: Library starts curb-side pickup