GARFIELD -- City officials will consider an ordinance prohibiting dogs running at large and providing restrictions for vicious dogs inside the city limits. The ordinance provides for an "animal control representative" to take custody of a dog running at large and impound the dog in an animal shelter. In addition, the ordinance states:
"A. For the purpose of discharging the duties imposed by this chapter and enforcing its provisions, any animal control representative is empowered to:
Garfield City Council
6 p.m. Tuesday, April 10
Garfield Town Hall
"1. Enter upon any premises upon which any animal is harbored and to demand and secure the owner's exhibition of such animal with reasonable basis to enter.
"2. While in pursuit of any animal at large, may enter upon or pass through any enclosed property for the purpose of apprehending that animal."
Other items on the proposed agenda for the City Council meeting scheduled for 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 10, include:
• Proposed Ordinance Approving Garfield Planning Area, 3rd Reading
• Proposed Ordinance, Establishing Dog Control Measures
• Street Maintenance, Dennis Mitchell Rd (L. Matthew property)
• Water System Engineering Study, Proposal
• City Limits Signage, Proposal
• Modification, Personnel Handbook, Section VIII Employee Benefits
• Modifications to Rules & Regulations for Operations and Maintenance of Rural Water System.
City Council meetings are open to the public.
General News on 04/04/2018
Print Headline: Dog laws viewed