Happy Valentine's Day, library family.
It seems only fitting to start this week's article off with love and praise for those in our community. The Food for Fines event, benefiting not only our patrons but Loaves n' Fishes' Food Pantry, has gone so well that we have decided to continue it for the remainder of February. We appreciate everyone that has donated and continues to donate to this great cause! If you wish to donate canned goods in order to sponsor an anonymous patron's late fees please contact the Library at 479-451-8442.
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Today is the last day to drop by the Library for your Valentine's Day basket for that special someone, or yourself because they are just that cool and I am a strong advocate of self spoiling. All proceeds raised from this event go towards The Friends of the Pea Ridge Community Library nonprofit organization and their mission to serve the Library by providing the ability to get the programs/ materials that we are greatly in need of. If you are one of the many that are striving to see our local community and businesses thrive just as those of our neighboring communities do, then I strongly urge to you join this group. They meet once a month here at the Library and engineer ways to raise awareness and funds for the needs of the Library that are either out of our yearly budget range, or something in which only a 501c3 organization would have access to. They have done so much for us already and we are truly blessed to have them working diligently for our future. For more information on please follow them on their Facebook page or ask the Library's front desk.
Speaking of programs that we offer, I wanted to take the time to touch on one such program that has as of recent started to take off quite well. The Quilter's Club was established not too long ago and with each monthly visit has grown by several members eager for the community and friendship that the group provides. This bunch of energetic gals meets every 3rd Wednesday of the month in our community room from 10am-3pm where they discuss various items of conversation ranging from quilts to celebrity crushes over coffee, and their laughs are a joy to be heard by the Librarians. Many bring in a few of the pieces they are working on to show off or get help with from fellow quilt lovers. We encourage all who have the urge to connect with fellow quilt fanatics, or even those who just want to connect with local ladies, to join us each month for this beloved group. February's meeting will be held on the 21st from 10am-3pm and all are welcome to stop by for a visit.
• Feb. 1-28 -- Pie the Librarian
• Feb. 14 -- Friends of the Library's Valentine's Day Basket Sale
• Feb. 3-28 -- Food For Fines, 1 can of food =$1 off patron late fees; 1 canned good = $1 off late fees
• 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 14 -- Weekly Mrs. Carrie's Toddler story-time and craft
• 4 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 8 -- T.A.B Meeting, ages 13-18
• All day, Friday, Feb. 9 -- Valentine's Cards for Autumn Place
• 3:45 p.m. Monday, Feb. 12 - Friday, Feb. 16 -- After School Olympics
• 9:30 a.m. Friday, Feb. 16 -- Home School Art class, ages 6-11
• 10 a.m. Friday, Feb. 16 -- Home School Art Class, ages 12-18
• 11 am. Saturday, Feb. 17 -- Story-time
• Monday, Feb 19 -- Library Closed, President's Day
• 11 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 20 -- Water Bottle Bird Feeders, ages 4 & up
• 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 20 -- Free Adult Yoga Class, bring mat*
• 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 21 -- Quilter's Club
• 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 21 -- 7th Grade Book Club
• Thursday, Feb. 22 & Friday, Feb. 23 -- Library Closed, library staff training
Editor's note: Alex Wright is the director of the Pea Ridge Community Library. The opinions expressed are those of the writer. She can be reached at the library at 451-8442 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editorial on 02/14/2018
Print Headline: Fundraising events help others at library