News On the Record Opinion Church Special Sections
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
story.lead_photo.caption

GARFIELD -- He had just built a fire in his wood stove, Terry Remley said, and sat down to watch television when he noticed a glow in the ceiling. He quickly realized the leaves in the back yard were on fire and had caught his home on fire. He called 911 and he and his dog got out safely, going next door to his son's home.

Remley, who lives at 17913 Beaver Hollow Rd., Garfield, said he has lived in the three-bedroom mobile home since 1998. The mobile home had been added on to and had an additional metal roof above the existing roof.

Strong winds continually fanned the flames, according to NEBCO Capt. Jack Sanders who was in charge of the scene.

Firefighters from Northeast Benton County Volunteer Fire Department, Avoca and Pea Ridge Fire Departments responded to the scene.

General News on 12/06/2017

Print Headline: Fire ravishes home

Sponsor Content

Comments

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT